Full Name: Jacques Dominique Wilkins
Nicknames: “The Human Highlight Film”, “Nique”, “Zoid”
Birthdate: January 12, 1960 – born to John Wilkins and Gertrude Baker in Sorbonne, France. The oldest of eight children.
Weight: 225 lbs.
Wife: Nicole Berry
Children: Aiysha, Alyxandra, Chloe, and Daniella
High School: Washington, NC (school team named the Pam-Pack)
College: University of Georgia (still the only player ever to have his number retired by the school).
Favorite Music: Jazz (Stevie Wonder)
Favorite Actor: Lou Gossett Jr.
Favorite Movie: Boyz in the Hood
Favorite Sports Team: Atlanta Braves
Favorite Food: Chinese and Italian
Person Admires Most: Julius Erving
Toughest Opponents: Michael Jordan and Dennis Rodman
Favorite Arena to play in: The old Chicago Stadium
Most Memorable Moment: Game 7 of the 1988 semifinals against Boston
- All-NBA Rookie Team (1983)
- All-NBA First Team (1986)
- All-NBA Second Team (1987, ’88, ’91, ’93)
- All-NAb Third Team (1989, ’94)
- Nine-time NBA All-Star (1986-94)
- Slam Dunk champ (1985, ’90)
- Drafted by: Utah Jazz (3rd overall in 1982 Draft)
- Traded by the Utah Jazz to the Atlanta Hawks on September 2nd, 1982 for John Drew, Freeman Williams, and $1 million.
- Traded by the Atlanta Hawks (along with a first round pick) to the Los Angeles Clippers on February 24th, 1994 for Danny Manning)
- Signed as a free agent with the Boston Celtics on July 25th, 1994 (for a reported 3-years, $11.3-million)
- Signed with Panathinaikos of Greece on August 6th, 1995 (for a reported 2-year, $7-million deal)
- Signed as a free agent with the San Antonio Spurs on October, 4th, 1996 (for the then-league minimum of $247,500)
- Signed with Teamsystem Bologna in Italy on July 16th 1997 (a 2-year deal for a reported $2.2 million per season)
- Signed with the Orlando Magic on February 5, 1999.
- Officially announced his retirement on October 18th, 2000 where the Hawks also announced that they are going to retire his famed #21 as well as rejoining the Hawks as a Special Assistant to the Vice President.
- Hawks retire Nique’s number on January 13th, 2001.
- Hawks announce that Nique has been named an assistant to player development on August 20th, 2002.
- NBA’s 75th Anniversary Team
圖片取材自 The Athletic